- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a mixture
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- To Serve: 1 and 1/2 cups cooked white rice and 2 green onions, chopped
- Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, pepper, garlic, and onion. Pour over the chicken and place cover on slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to ‘low’ for 4 hours, and cook until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Begin checking at 3 hours.
- Once cooked, transfer chicken to a large bowl and shred using two forks.
- Transfer the sauce from the slow cooker into a medium saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk water and cornstarch together until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce, whisking to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and let it boil until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the shredded chicken. Toss to combine.
- Serve with white rice and top with sliced green onions.