Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Dip
This Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Dip is easy, tasty and down right addicting! The perfect appetizer to please a party.
This dip has everything a cheese and spicy food lover needs and wants: cheese, jalapenos, cheese, and more cheese. Cheese has protein, and spicy foods typically contain capsaicin. You still with me? Capsaicin may boost your metabolism, so jalapeno popper dip = a healthy appetizer, right?! lol.
There is something cool and healthy about this recipe though. Have you heard of nutritional yeast? Nutritional yeast is an inactive form of yeast used in food that has a very similar taste to rich, sharp cheddar cheese. Yes, believe me – it’s true! Adding a bit to cheesy types of appetizers or meals adds cheesy flavor and gives a boost of B vitamins, protein and fiber in your diet.
Mmmmm back to the dip. Each scoopable bite is so creamy and delicious you’ll be reaching for another chip before you’ve swallowed your first helping. For a time saving tip you can make this dip a day or two before a party. Be sure to reserve the crushed tortilla chips for after you re-warm the dip. Once heated, load on the chips, and additional diced jalapenos if desired, and enjoy!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Yield: 3 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack
- ½ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) can mild diced green chilies
- 3 jalapenos, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips, crushed into small pieces for topping
- Extra tortilla chips for dipping
- Place the first 7 ingredients into a slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook dip for 1 and ½ hours. At 1 hour, give the dip a stir.
- Pour the dip into a serving dish and mix in the Parmesan cheese. Top with the crushed tortilla chips and serve warm with chips, bread, or veggies.