All the flavors of a taco but in a dip. A slow cooker dip. Did somebody say, “Game Day???”
This taco dip is perfect for watching football, potlucks, or satisfying your cravings for something warm and cheesy!
Browning the beef first with the taco seasoning ensures that the tasty taco flavor will be infused throughout the dip. You can chop the veggies while the meat is browning and then let the slow cooker do the rest of the work. Give it a stir or two after you notice the ingredients are starting to melt together. You know it is done when the cheeses are melted and it has a creamy smooth texture.
This dip is great on its own but you can also jazz it up by garnishing with your favorite taco toppings…think chopped tomato, jalapeno, sour cream, and don’t forget the guacamole! This is very mild in the spice department so if you like some heat you might want to add your favorite hot sauce into the mix. Then just grab a sturdy tortilla chip and dig in!Print
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 oz. packet taco seasoning (or 2 Tbsp. homemade)
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper (orange, red, or yellow), finely diced
- Brown ground beef over medium high heat. Drain off excess grease. Add taco seasoning to beef according to instructions on packet.
- Combine cooked beef with remaining ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook until cheese is melted, about 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips. Garnish with your favorite taco toppings.