Forget the campfire. You can make a S’mores Cheesecake right in your oven.
Who needs a campfire when you can have s’mores in the form of a cheesecake? My love for s’mores knows no bounds and even though some say they are only to be enjoyed during the summer months, I’m Team S’mores any day. I’m also Team Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Mocha Cheesecake, but we can talk about those another day.
This S’mores Cheesecake is made with a buttery, chocolate-lined graham cracker crust, which I could eat by itself, and the creamy cheesecake filling I use in Classic Cheesecake. Then it’s topped with toasty marshmallows, melted chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers. Is this for real?
Believe the hype, this S’mores Cheesecake is real and it’s happening! Oh, and you won’t believe how easy it is. Everyone will think it took you forever to make. We promise not to give away your secret.Print
Forget the campfire. You can make a S‘mores Cheesecake right in your oven.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Graham Cracker Crust
- 10 full-sheet graham crackers, crushed (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, melted (plus more for topping)
- 3 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease the springform pan and wrap the outside of the pan in foil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar. Transfer to the pan and press evenly into the bottom using the bottom of a glass. Pour melted chocolate on top of crust. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and salt until combined and creamy. Stir in sour cream and vanilla then mix until combined. Add one egg at a time and stir to combine. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until smooth, creamy and silky.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the cooled crust. Transfer the springform pan to the middle of a large roasting pan. Carefully fill the roasting pan with about an inch of hot water. This will help the cheesecake remain creamy without cracks. Bake the cheesecake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven. The cheesecake is done when the outer rim looks set but the middle jiggles when you gently shake the pan. Let the cheesecake cool for an hour on a cooling rack.
- Turn broiler on in the oven. Add marshmallows and chocolate chips on top of the cheesecake. Place cheesecake back in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, just enough to toast the marshmallows and melt the chocolate chips. Be careful not to burn!
- Remove the cheesecake from oven and add crushed graham crackers on top, if desired, then let it cool completely on a cooling rack. This step is crucial for achieving the perfect cheesecake. Then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 72 hours.
Leave a Reply