- 1 lb. spaghetti
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. and ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested, about ½ Tbsp.
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated, plus more to top
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, finely diced, plus more to top
- In a large pot, bring water and 1 tablespoon of the salt to boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 9 minutes, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain.
- Using the same pot, add olive oil and sliced garlic cloves to the pot and heat over medium low heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the garlic cloves are lightly browned. Add in salt and red pepper flakes and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Lower heat to low and add in pasta and toss until coated. Pour in 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, lemon zest, grated Parmesan, and diced parsley and toss until incorporated. Add in additional pasta water, if needed. Serve into bowls and top with additional Parmesan and parsley, if desired.