- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce or make homemade sauce
- Cooked spaghetti
- In bowl, combine ground beef and ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix using your hands but don’t over mix or it will make the meat tough.
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch or 1.5 inch balls.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Pan fry the meatballs until they are browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce to the meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink inside.
- Serve meatballs over cooked spaghetti and top with grated Parmesan cheese.