Whip up these tasty Strawberry Banana Smoothies for a breakfast treat your family will love.
Is there any combo more classic than a strawberry banana smoothie? It almost rivals peanut butter and jelly.
Making Perfect Smoothies
I use to struggle with getting the perfect consistency with my smoothies. Now that I’ve finally found the right ratios for the perfect smoothie consistency – not too thick and not too thin, just like in these homemade Strawberry Milkshakes – I had to share it with you.
We use frozen strawberries and bananas to get the right thickness, and Greek yogurt to not only add to the thickness but to add a little extra protein. Then we add some chia seeds to boost the fiber content and just a touch of honey to add a warm sweetness. We think you’ll love our twist on this classic combo as much as we do!Print
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Put strawberries, bananas, milk, yogurt, honey, and chia seeds into a blender.
- Process until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides down to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
This post originally appeared in June 2018 and was revised and republished in April 2022.