Strawberry Fluff might sound like a sandwich spread but it’s one of the best dessert salads you can put on the picnic table.
If you’ve spent any time in northern Minnesota, you’ve likely experienced Tater Tot Hot Dish and Spam. But have you tried Snickers and Apple Salad? Snickers in a salad! Ha! Yes, Minnesotans truly believe that if it contains any fruit – whether or not Snickers bars are the main ingredient – it’s a salad.
The same feeling applies here with Strawberry Fluff. Strawberry Fluff is perfect on a summer day because it doesn’t require baking (just like Strawberry Pretzel Salad and Strawberry Icebox Cake). It’s a mix of strawberry Jell-O, vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, marshmallows and strawberries. It’s a creamy and delicious dessert (or salad) the whole family will love.
What’s the key to getting the fluff extra creamy and extra fluffy? First, make the Jell-O and pudding as one. Allow it to set before beating until thick and creamy. Then, fold in the Cool Whip, marshmallows and strawberries. Who knew you could make salad without any greens? Minnesotans knew!
Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 (4.6 oz.) package Cook and Serve vanilla pudding
- 1 (6 oz.) package strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
- Mix together pudding, Jell-O and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat while stirring until it boils. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until mixture has thickened, approximately 6 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and beat until creamy. Fold in Cool Whip, strawberries and marshmallows. Chill for an hour before serving.