Filled with fresh strawberries and the most delicious vanilla bean cream cheese filling, your family will request Strawberry Stuffed French Toast for brunch every weekend.
But now it’s the weekend and it’s time to enjoy this satisfying Strawberry Stuffed French Toast with your significant other or a group of girlfriends!
Trick To Perfectly Cooked French Toast
To many, French toast can seem like an exhausting task for breakfast, but in reality it’s easy peasy and the clean-up is minimal. You probably have most of the ingredients on hand too.
Want to know the trick to having your French toast cooked through on the inside while still having a nice soft filling? I’ll let you in on my secret. It’s ALL about the temperature of the butter in your pan and what you have your burner set to.
You need to heat your butter at medium/low heat. Not too low, not too high – right under medium. This temperature guarantees a perfect browning on each side of your French toast! Also, be sure to wipe down the pan in between batches to get rid of any butter than may have burned and melt more butter for the new batch.
Now go schedule brunch into your family’s weekend or invite some of your girlfriends over.Print
- 1 loaf French bread, fresh, sliced in ½-inch thick slices
- 6 Tbsp. butter (for melting in pan)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a stand mixer, beat together all ingredients for the filling: cream cheese, strawberries, powdered sugar, yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and the vanilla bean paste. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or container, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Taking 2 slices of the French bread, spread up to two tablespoons of the filling on each side, being sure to match up the sides so when you close it like a sandwich the bread slices match up. Place a layer or two of strawberries on one side, and then place the pieces of bread together.
- Dunk each side into the egg wash, letting any extra egg drip off.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt two tablespoons butter. Place French toast sandwich in the pan. Be sure to keep an eye on your French toast to prevent it from burning. It will take approximately 2-3 minutes each side. Flip once first side is browned. Cook on second side until browned and filling is heated through.
- Enjoy with additional strawberries on top, powdered sugar, and/or maple syrup.
This post originally appeared in June 2018 and was revised and republished in April 2022.