- 4 chicken leg quarters, ready for stuffing
- ½ lb. mild fresh pork sausage
- ½ peeled granny smith apple, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium-high frying pan, cook sausage, stirring to break apart. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together sausage, apple, thyme, and breadcrumbs. Salt the stuffing to taste.
- Stuff the chicken quarters and secure with toothpicks. Brush chicken with olive oil. Bake until internal temperature reaches 165°F and the chicken is browned, about 45 minutes. If the chicken is cooked through but not as brown as you’d like, put it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the skin. Keep your eye on it though because it can happen quickly.