Your dicing skills are beautiful! Show them off with this sweet potato hash with sausage. Our Knife Skills series is sponsored by Cutco.
This is the ultimate autumn breakfast. Sweet potatoes, apple maple chicken sausage, and a fried egg.
To achieve the perfect dice on your sweet potatoes, check out our how-to dice guide. We go step-by-step showing you how to make medium diced potatoes specifically for this hash. It’s easy and all you need is a chef’s knife, a cutting board, and a ruler!
Back to the hash, this sweet potato hash is great for brunch. Since the potatoes are cut small this hash cooks up fast, plus it only takes one pan so you have minimum dishes. Score!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced’
- 8 oz. fully cooked apple maple chicken sausage (such as al fresco), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 eggs
- In skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Add sweet potatoes and onion and stir occasionally. Cook until the onion and potato are starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Cover the skillet and cook another ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausage and cook until sausage is heated through, about 5 minutes. Take off heat.
- In a separate pan, add canola oil and heat over medium. Once oil is warm, add eggs and fry until the whites are solid. Serve with a serving of hash.