Air Fryer Burrito Bowls are made with super simple ingredients but full of flavor and easy to adapt with a wide variety of toppings.
If you don’t have an air fryer we totally recommend you get one, but in the meantime, you can give our copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls a try. This dish is also similar to our Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas.
How to Cook Your Chicken in the Air Fryer
First, cut the chicken into strips. Then put it in a large bowl and add sliced bell peppers and onion. After that, add oil and spices like chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Combine well, so each piece of chicken, pepper, and onion is nicely coated with seasoning.
Place this mixture in the basket of your air fryer. Set the temperature and cook for approximately 16-20 minutes. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may have to cook the chicken in 2 batches.
Is air fried chicken healthier?
Cooking food in the air fryer allows you to use less oil for cooking which makes meals healthier. The best part is there are so many meals and appetizers you can make in the air fryer including French Fries, Nachos, veggies, Egg Rolls, or even Coconut Shrimp.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
First, rinse the rice to remove excess starch. Combine rice and water, then add butter and salt. Next, add juice from half a lime. Bring the rice to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and cook for approximately 20 minutes. Once the rice is cooked, stir in juice from remaining half of the lime and chopped cilantro.
You can add Tex-Mex toppings such as black beans, corn, red onion, diced tomatoes, salsa, cheese, sour cream, avocado, guacamole, and green onions. However, you can also simply top the rice with chicken, peppers, and onions without any extras.
To minimize preparation, you can use products that involve zero prep like sour cream, store-bought guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, already-sliced black olives, and jarred jalapeno rings. You can top the dish with green onions that can be cut quickly using kitchen shears or quickly chop up a tomato.Print
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl combine sliced chicken breast with bell peppers and onion.
- Add oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt.
- Toss to combine then place the chicken into the basket of the air fryer. If your air fryer is small, you will need to cook it in batches.
- Set the temperature to 360°F and cook for about 16-20 minutes, checking and tossing halfway through cook time.
- To make rice, in a medium pan, combine water, rice, butter, and salt. Cut lime in half and juice one-half and add it to the rice. Bring the rice to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, juice the remaining half of the lime and add it to rice. Mix in the cilantro.
- To assemble, add a scoop of rice to the bottom of the bowl. Then top it with chicken, bell peppers, and onion.