Lettuce juice is an easy way to pack in nutrients and hydrate your body. You don’t even need a juicer to make this easy and healthy drink.
Juicing is an ever-popular way to cleanse the body, detoxify and add nutrients quickly into your system. Even if you don’t own a fancy juicer, you can make homemade, fresh pressed lettuce juice at home. All you need is a blender and a nut milk bag (like this one) or a bit of cheesecloth, or a thin kitchen towel.
Why lettuce juice instead of a Lettuce Smoothie, you ask? Lettuce, specifically romaine lettuce, is a great source of vitamin A and fiber. It’s mild in flavor and has a high water content. Not only does that mean it’s hydrating, but it blends well in juice and doesn’t have as strong a flavor as greens like kale.
We like to use lemon and tart, green apple to flavor the juice. Everything gets added into the blender and is processed until liquid. You strain out the pulp, and that’s it! You’ll want to consume the juice while it’s fresh so you get all of the nutrient benefits, just store it in the fridge for up to two days.Print
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced green apple
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 lemon, with the skin on
- 4 cups filtered water
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Liquify for one minute, or until everything is broken down.
- Lay a nut milk bag, several layers of cheesecloth, or a thin kitchen towel over a larger bowl.
- Pour the contents of the blender out into the bowl, using the nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or towel to strain out the pulp.
- Store the juice in the fridge and consume within two days.
Note: If using a juicer, simply process everything in the juicer and omit the water.