Cranberry Meatballs prove cranberry sauce isn’t just for the holidays.
If you’re ever in need of a quick appetizer, there’s nothing easier than making BBQ Meatballs! They’re always a crowd favorite and such an easy dish to throw together. Sometimes though, I want to change it up a bit. That’s when this recipe comes in handy. Every time I make them I get rave reviews. We won’t tell anyone it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish to bring these bad boys together.
Making Cranberry Meatballs
I usually make meatballs from scratch – these Turkey Meatballs work great – but I’m certainly not opposed to buying them frozen. Sometimes you just need a little life hack, ya know?
Once you have your meatballs all you need to do is make the cranberry barbecue sauce. Combine the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, and spices in a skillet and bring to a boil. Once the sauce has reached a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, add the meatballs, and cook until heated through, about 10-15 minutes. That’s all folks. See how easy that was? Serve them up at your next party and don’t forget the toothpicks.
- 1 bag (32 oz.) store-bought frozen meatballs (or homemade)
- 1 can (14 oz.) cranberry sauce
- 1 cup store-bought barbecue sauce (or my homemade barbecue sauce in this BBQ Meatball recipe)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Make meatballs according to the package instructions (or according to a recipe like this one).
- In a skillet, add the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Add meatballs and simmer, uncovered, until heated through, about 10-15 minutes.