Get our delicious recipe for this hearty and healthy salad made with farro and roasted radishes.
I’m pretty much in love with roasted radishes. They mellow out, soften, lose some of their heat and get a bit sweet when roasted. When I started coming up with farro recipes (see them all in our Farro Series here) it seemed natural to me to try roasted radishes and farro together. I added basil and feta as well. It’s a really delicious combination that I’ve made again and again.
- 1 bunch radishes (about 12), trimmed and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 cups cooked farro (learn how to cook it here)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 5 large fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Put the radishes in a 9×13″ cake pan and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Roast until undersides are browned and radishes are tender, 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the radishes with the farro, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Top with feta and tear basil leaves over top.