A salad for the freezer? Yes! This Thai Peanut Salad freezes perfectly for a delicious make ahead dinner that you just defrost and eat.
For this Asian salad, shredded cabbage is combined with a homemade peanut sauce and cooked chicken. These ingredients all freeze very well making this the perfect meal to pre-make. The best thing about this freezer meal is that it doesn’t even have to be reheated. Defrost and eat.Print
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 4 quart freezer bags
- In a microwave-safe bowl whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, honey, peanut butter and hot chili sauce. Microwave 30 seconds. Whisk well again to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add the cabbage, peas and green onions to the skillet and stir fry. To the skillet add sesame oil, chicken, quinoa and the half of the sauce. Cook until warmed through. Add remaining sauce and peanuts, stirring until combined.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Once a Month Meals.