- 16 oz. pearl onions, peeled
- 1 and ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot, add a few quarts of water and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a light boil and add peeled pearl onions. Boil until tender, around 8-10 minutes then drain.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter then add flour and whisk until combined and bubbling, around 1 minute. Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk and whisk until incorporated. Add in shredded Parmesan, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper and stir. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in onions to the sauce mixture and let cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion and sauce to an oven safe dish. Bake until bubbly before serving, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.