- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup certified gluten-free oats
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup + 3 Tbsp. gluten-free ketchup, divided
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 and ½ tsp. ground mustard, divided
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil so that it slightly overhangs the long sides of the pan. This will make for easier removal from the pan. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the olive oil and diced onion. Saute, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in the garlic for another 30 seconds, then remove from heat. Allow the onions to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the oats to a food processor; pulse lightly a few times until the oats are ground (but not flour-like). Pour oats into a large mixing bowl along with the cooled onion mixture, lean ground beef, egg, 3 tablespoons gluten-free ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon ground mustard, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix the meatloaf until all ingredients are well-incorporated. Pour the meatloaf mixture into the prepared 9×5 inch loaf pan, spreading evenly and smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- To make the glaze, stir together the remaining ⅓ cup gluten-free ketchup, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon ground mustard. Set aside.
- Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the ketchup glaze evenly over top. Return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan using the parchment paper “handles”.