- 1 (9-in.) store-bought pie pastry crust or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Whipped cream and more fresh strawberries for garnish and serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake pie crust for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a saucepan combine strawberries and sugar. In a bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch until smooth and add it to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat stirring constantly. Add butter and continue to cook and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Arrange strawberries from mixture on the pie crust then pour the rest on top into the pie crust. Chill for 2 hours or more.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.