- 10 cups chopped russet potatoes (about 7–8 medium potatoes)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- about 4 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- Begin by scrubbing and peeling the potatoes. Dice them into 1 inch cubes and place in the slow cooker. Dice the onion and add with the potatoes.
- Add the flour, garlic powder, paprika, nutmeg, sea salt and black pepper and toss everything well to coat the potatoes and onions. Pour in the chicken stock and set the slow cooker on high for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, the potatoes should be soft. Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree the mixture until smooth. If you’re using a food processor, you may need to do this in batches.
- Add the potato puree back to the slow cooker and add the heavy cream and cheese. Mix everything well and turn the slow cooker to low. Let this cook for 1 additional hour before serving. When you’re ready to serve, top with cheddar cheese and green onion.