- 1 and 1/2 lbs. baby bliss potatoes
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 and 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup sour cream – optional
- 2 Tbsp. green onion – optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Fill a large stockpot with about 8 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Place on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Scrub the potatoes, and when the water has boiled, add the potatoes. Let them cook for 15 minutes or until they’re tender but not mushy.
- Drain and dry the potatoes and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pour the olive oil, remaining ¾ teaspoon of salt, garlic and black pepper over them and toss everything well.
- Using the bottom of a glass, press down on the potatoes, smashing them so they’re flat on both sides, but are still holding together as nice rounds.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes then remove them from the oven and flip each potato over. Place them in the oven for 10 minutes more. Remove them again and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes and they’re ready to serve.
- If desired, top with green onion and sour cream or your favorite toppings.