- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 2 baby Vidalia onions, trimmed of tops and root end
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 10 oz. dark salad greens (baby spinach or a mix including baby kale is perfect)
- 8 oz. of plain soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds*
- In a medium-sized bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the cider vinegar with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Thinly slice the onions and stir them with the vinegar mixture until they’re thoroughly coated. Set aside for 20 minutes. Proceed with the recipe or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- To the onions add the olive oil, the remaining 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and the sugar. Stir to combine.
- Divide the salad greens between 8 medium-sized plates. Use a fork to lift about 1/4 cup of the marinated onions out of the liquid and onto each plate. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon of the juices from the bowl. Top each salad with 1 ounce of the goat cheese divided into 4-5 pieces. Finish by sprinkling each salad with 1/8 of a cup of pomegranate seeds.
*If you can’t get your hands on pomegranate seeds, swap them out for fresh raspberries. They have a similar sweet tang that will go fantastically with the sweet Vidalia onions and goat cheese.