- 1/3 cup grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 – 6″ skewers
- 12 oz. fully-cooked sweet apple and chicken sausages, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 sweet apples, cut into 8 wedges each
- Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the mustard, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- Divide the layers of each onion wedge so that you have two pieces.
- Onto a skewer thread a piece of sausage, then an apple wedge, then an onion piece. Repeat pattern. Put loaded skewer into a pan. Repeat with remaining skewers and ingredients.
- Pour mustard sauce over skewers.
- Put skewers on grill. Grill on one side until undersides of sausages are blackened in spots and apples have some grill marks, 3-5 minutes. Flip and grill until undersides are browned as well, another 3-5 minutes.