A Classic Wedge Salad never goes out of style but we’re making it better. While you could buy blue cheese dressing, we use a homemade version that is so delicious!
No matter what trends are going on in the salad world, the Classic Wedge Salad is one that never goes out of style. And this makes us so happy. Who can resist crunchy iceberg lettuce, juicy tomatoes, creamy blue cheese dressing and BACON?! If you know anyone who thinks they don’t like salads, this is the one to convert them.
This salad is pretty simple, and it’s all about letting the ingredients shine. Buy the highest quality cheese, tomatoes and bacon you can afford. And my secret tip is to chill your salad plates before serving the salad. And if you have a few extra minutes, make your own blue cheese dressing. This dressing recipe is so insanely good that even blue-cheese-haters like it. These small touches will elevate this old-school classic.
This salad pairs with just about anything, but a freshly grilled steak is our favorite. And don’t forget some freshly ground pepper to taste!
Pro Tip: No one ever complains if you add extra bacon.Print
- 1 recipe blue cheese dressing
- 8 slices bacon (8 oz. bacon)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced chives
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare blue cheese dressing.
- Cook bacon according to package instructions until crisp. Let it dry on paper towel and crumble when it’s cool enough to handle.
- Wash lettuce in cold water and cut into four wedges, removing any discolored outer leaves and the core.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Thinly slice the chives.
- Prepare salads. Drizzle lettuce wedges with dressing and top with blue cheese crumbles, bacon crumbles, sliced tomatoes and chives. Add pepper to taste.