- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup green olives
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 10 empanada disks (Goya brand), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cumin to the skillet. Cook, breaking up with a spatula, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and raisins.
- Working with one empanada disk at a time, scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of the beef mixture onto the center of each disk. Fold the dough over the filling, then use the tines of a fork to press the edges of the dough together, sealing it tightly. Repeat with the remaining empanada dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush onto the empanadas.
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Add as many empanadas as will fit in a single layer – likely 2-6 depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 325°F for 8 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining empanadas.