- 1 and ½ lb. chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt + some for sprinkling
- Cooking spray
- Combine chicken and buttermilk together in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least four hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Take chicken out at least a half hour before cooking.
- Whisk together flour, corn starch, cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in another large bowl.
- Dredge chicken through flour mixture. Repeat with all pieces of chicken.
- Meanwhile, line air fryer basket with foil and preheat air fryer for a few minutes.
- Spray chicken pieces with oil mister or cooking spray.
- Cook chicken at 380°F. for 15 minutes and then increase heat to 400°F. and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. (Larger pieces will take longer, as will dark meat.)
- Remove chicken and let rest on a wire drying rack. Sprinkle with salt.