- 16 oz. wide egg noodles
- 4–6 Tbsp. butter, cut into ¼” chunks
- ⅛ tsp. pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Add the pasta and stir. Continue to stir every 10 seconds until the water comes back up to a boil. Drop the temperature down to a simmer.
- Set a timer for the lower amount of time listed on the package instructions (if it says to cook for 8-10 minutes, set a timer for 8 minutes).
- Stir the pasta in the water every minute or so until your timer is up.
- Use a spoon to get a noodle from the pot. Blow on it and then taste it. If it’s not ready, try again in a minute.
- Once the noodles are cooked to your desired softness, put a large colander in the sink. Pour the pasta and water into the colander, allowing the water to drain down the sink.
- Put the noodles back into the now-empty pot. Add the butter and stir until it’s melted. Taste and add ¼ teaspoon of salt, if desired, along with the pepper and parsley if using. Stir.