- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl stir together butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- Fit wire rack into large roasting pan. Place chicken legs on rack in a single layer. Pat each chicken leg dry with paper towels.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of the butter under skin and on top of skin of one of the chicken legs. Repeat with remaining chicken legs. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt evenly over the tops and undersides of chicken legs.
- Place pan in oven. Bake 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Bake 15 minutes more or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken leg.
- Remove pan from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.