- 12 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1.3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and spread it out. Allow to cook undisturbed until browning underneath, 3-4 minutes. Flip and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through fully, another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and then stir in the broth. Once mixed in, add the salsa and stir. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes.
- Take off of the heat. Stir in the cream. Stir in the cheese and keep stirring until the cheese is fully melted, about 1 minute.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Stir in the tomatoes and green onion and serve.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!