- 12 hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. whipping cream or milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. mustard powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. paprika or smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Put the yolks into a bowl. Arrange the whites cut-side-up on a serving tray.
- Into the bowl with the yolks put the mayonnaise, whipping cream, chives, dill, lemon juice, mustard powder, salt and ¼ teaspoon of the paprika. Mash it all together with a fork until very smooth. Taste. Add more salt if desired.
- Scoop yolk mixture into a piping bag or ziptop bag (see notes above about which bags work and which do not). Cut off ¼ inch of a corner of the bag.
- Use a swirling motion to pipe the yolk mixture into the hollow of the whites. If the yolks are not flowing freely, make the hole in the bag a bit larger.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to one day.