- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
- 1 lb. beef strips
- 2 TBS. vegetable oil
- 2 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. cornstarch (optional)
- 4 tsp. water (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the beef strips and toss to coat.
- Transfer beef to a plate, shaking off excess flour. Discard excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until very hot.
- Add beef in a single layer and do not touch for 2 minutes.
- Flip beef and stir frequently until it is under your desired done-ness. It only really needs a minute or so.
- Remove from heat. While stirring, slowly drizzle in the beef stock. Put it back on the heat and bring it to a simmer.
- If you’d like the sauce to be thicker, in a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add it all at once to the skillet. Stir until it comes to a simmer and thickens.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.