- 2 cups court boullion* or 1 cup vegetable broth and 1 cup water
- 4 (5-6 oz.) salmon fillets, about 3/4-inch thick, without skin
- 3/4 cup sour cream, crème fraiche, or Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives, plus coarsely chopped chives for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, ideally white pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, bring the court boullion to a gentle simmer. Add the salmon and adjust the heat to maintain barely a simmer. Cover and cook until the salmon is barely opaque throughout, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chopped chives, dill, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Use a slotted spatula to arrange the salmon on plates or a platter. Dollop the sauce on top and garnish with the coarsely chopped chives and dill sprigs. Serve any remaining sauce on the side.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!