- 1 whole 3.5 pound chicken, cut into leg, thigh and breast pieces
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup barbeque sauce (homemade or storebought)
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken to coat.
- Place chicken in the air fryer skin-side-down. Cook for 18 minutes, until chicken is golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and brush with barbeque sauce.
- Wipe off excess chicken fat from air fryer basket.
- Return chicken to the air fryer and cook, skin-side-up, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on an instant read thermometer, about 3 minutes. Larger pieces may require longer cooking time.