- 8 oz. elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the heavy cream while whisking continuously to prevent lumps. Stir for a couple more minutes, until thickened.
- Add cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to cream mixture and whisk until melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over the drained pasta and mix until evenly coated. Taste and stir in more salt and pepper, if desired.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!