- 8 oz. elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 and ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the heavy cream while whisking continuously to prevent lumps. Stir for a couple more minutes, until thickened.
- Add cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to cream mixture and whisk until melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over the drained pasta and mix until evenly coated. Taste and stir in more salt and pepper, if desired.