- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 3 ounces each)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning*
- 12 (6 or 8-inch) soft flour tortillas or taco shells
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- To a large bowl add chicken, oil, and taco seasoning. Toss until chicken is evenly coated.
- Transfer chicken to a sheet pan. Lay thighs flat on pan without overlapping.
- Place pan in oven. Bake until internal temperature is 160F and no longer pink inside, about 20-23 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken with the grain to create long strands. Transfer chicken to a serving bowl.
- Stack tortillas on a plate. Cover tortillas with a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove plate from microwave.
- Serve warm tortillas with shredded chicken, lettuce, cheese, tomato, and green onion.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*If using taco seasoning packets, you’ll need one 1 oz. packet for this recipe, which is about 2 tablespoons.