- 1 russet potato
- Pepper, to taste
- Scrub potato clean then dry it off with a clean towel.
- Poke potato with a fork 6-10 times, all around potato.
- Place potato in microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn potato over and cook, covered with plastic wrap, for 2 more minutes. Poke with a fork to see if it is soft all the way through. If potato yields easily to the fork, it’s done. If not, cook for another 1-3 minutes.
- Cut potato open and season with salt and pepper. Add desired toppings.
- You could coat potato skin with butter or oil, but it doesn’t get crunchy in the microwave, so save the fat for topping your cooked potato.
- If you’re going to cook multiple potatoes, you may need to cook them a few minutes longer. I was able to cook 3 at a time in just 10 minutes.