- 4 thick slices of Italian bread
- 4 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 cup fancy shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Jalapeno rings to taste
- 8 zesty Doritos
- Preheat a non-stick or a large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise. Arrange the bread mayo-side-down in the skillet in a single layer. Put about 1/4 cup of cheese onto each slice of bread, spreading it out to cover the surface. Top with as many jalapeno rings as you’d like.
- Cook until cheese is melted and bread is browned underneath, adjusting the temperature as needed to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove two slices of bread to a cutting board. Top each with 4 Doritos in a single overlapping layer.
- Top each with another slice of the bread, cheese side down. Push down slightly to break the chips up and then cut each sandwich in half.