Super Tots is the most crave-able appetizer recipe. It’s topped with queso, bacon, green onion, and sriracha mayo to add some spice.
When I was in Juneau, Alaska last summer I had the most incredible late-night bar snack. It was at the Imperial Bar, and the snack was called Super Tots. I loved it so much that I gobbled it up on more than one occasion while there, and then I came home and recreated it, and gobbled it up some more!
What Are Super Tots?
Well, it’s a saucy, cheesy, spicy tater tot dish that makes you crave it more with every bite.
It’s a plate of tater tots topped with hot queso, some bacon bits, and green onions, and then drizzled with Sriracha Mayo.
There’s something about the cheese and the spice and the tots that has me eating, “Just one more,” like twenty times.
How To Make Super Tots
Cook the tater tots according to the package direction. Meanwhile, chop your green onions and get out some bacon bits (or cook some bacon and chop it up).
Also while the tater tots are cooking, mix up some Sriracha Mayo, which is basically just mayonnaise, sriracha, and a touch of lemon juice. Put that into a zip top bag and cut a little hole in one bottom corner of the bag.
When the tater tots are almost finished cooking, heat up the queso in the microwave.
Then assemble it all:
Put the tater tots onto a plate and top with the hot queso. Sprinkle that with the green onions and then bacon. Then gently squeeze the Sriracha mayo through the little hole you cut in the bag so that you get a little drizzle zigzagging across all that tastiness.
Then gobble it up!Print
- 2 cups frozen tater tots (approximately 16 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha Mayo
- ⅓ cup jarred queso
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp. bacon bits
- Cook the tater tots according to package directions.
- Put the Sriracha Mayo into a ziptop bag and cut off the bottom corner of the bag making a small hole.
- Heat the queso in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring often, until heated through.
- Once the tater tots are finished cooking, arrange them in a single layer on a plate.
- Top tater tots with queso, green onions, and bacon bits. Squeeze the Sriracha Mayo through the hole in the bag to drizzle sauce over top of everything in a zigzag pattern.