- 1–9 inch pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and ½ cups whole milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheeese
- 3 oz. chopped cooked ham
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator. If store-bought, soften according to package instructions.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl. Whisk with a fork until no clear streaks of egg whites remain.
- Add milk, salt and pepper. Stir until fully combined.
- Put pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle pie crust with cheese. Top with ham.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese and ham.
- Bake quiche on the lowest rack of the oven until it is mostly set but slightly jiggly in the middle, 35-45 minutes. If the pastry is browning too much around the top, cover it with aluminum foil like this.
- Let quiche cool to a warm temperature before slicing and serving.
- Or allow it to cool completely and then cover and refrigerate.
- Reheat quiche by covering with aluminum foil and baking at 325°F until warmed through, about 15 minutes. Or slice it and microwave slices individually on the defrost setting for 30 seconds at a time until heated through.