You can make delicious crispy zucchini chips in your air fryer. It’s a quick and convenient way to make a healthy snack or party appetizer.
How To Slice Zucchini
You can use a knife or mandolin to slice your zucchini. Using a mandolin will make all your slices even. If you use a mandolin make sure you use the guard that comes with it to protect your fingers. It’s best to slice zucchini to a medium thickness. My zucchini slices were about 3 millimeters thick. I find this to be the perfect thickness.
How To Make Zucchini Chips In The Air Fryer
First, you need to prepare 3 separate bowls. This step is necessary, because each slice of zucchini needs to be dipped separately in first flour, then beaten egg, and finally panko breadcrumbs. To season panko breadcrumbs, simply mix them with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. After dipping, put each slice of the zucchini onto the rack of your air fryer and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
Helpful Tips For Making Zucchini Chips In The Air Fryer
- Leave the peels on your zucchini to make these chips.
- Place zucchini slices in the basket or on the rack of your air fryer in a single layer so they cook properly.
- Make sure to dip each slice fully into the flour, then egg, and finally the panko breadcrumbs.
- You don’t need to use any oil. Simply spraying the chips with cooking oil before cooking will be sufficient. You can use cooking spray or your favorite oil in an oil mister like this.
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 small eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cooking oil spray
- Slice the zucchini.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix panko breadcrumbs with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Dip each slice of zucchini into flour first, then in beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Put slices of zucchini in the basket of air fryer on the rack in a single layer. Spray with cooking oil.
- Set the air fryer to 350°F and cook for 10 minutes until brown and crispy. Don’t stack zucchini chips on each other.