Too hot for the oven or stove? Too hot to go outside and start the grill for some Chicken Burgers? (Hey, it happens!) Your air fryer is here to save the burger.
It’s time to put that air fryer to use! The air fryer cooks food quickly, but it’s also a great appliance to use in the hot summer months, especially to make burgers because this method of cooking locks the moisture into these chicken burgers.
Tips For Juicy Chicken Burgers
Ground chicken is lean, which means it dries out quickly, but with a few tips for cooking it in the air fryer, it stays nice and juicy:
- Don’t over-mix the meat. Working the meat too much will make a tough burger. Simply combine the meat and seasonings and mix with hands until combined.
- Cook burgers two at a time so you don’t crowd the air fryer. This will help create a nice crust on the burger that browns. We don’t want steamed burgers.
- Use an instant read thermometer. This is the best way to determine when your burgers are done. The 8 minute cooking time should be pretty accurate, but all air fryers are different, so it’s best to use a meat thermometer. Cook the ground chicken to an internal temperature of 165°F. If it hasn’t reached it after the 8 minutes, cook for another minute and check again.
Air Fryer Chicken Burger
Too hot to go outside and start the grill for some Chicken Burgers? Your air fryer is here to save the burger.
Add your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mayo.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Cooking spray (or an oil sprayer like this)
- 4 hamburger buns, for serving
- Gently mix together chicken, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until just combined.
- Divide into 4 sections and lightly form into burger patties. Make an indent in the center of each burger.
- Grease the air fryer basket with oil and preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Cook at 360°F for 4 minutes. Flip burger over and cook for 4 more minutes at 400°F, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Repeat with remaining 2 burgers.
- Serve with buns and desired toppings.
Leave a Reply