Who doesn’t love a good quesadilla? We’re showing you how to make chicken quesadillas in your air fryer that turn out “oven-baked” without having to turn on the oven.
To make chicken quesadillas, you’ll want to prepare your chicken first. My favorite hack is to use pre-made chicken like Air Fryer Chicken Thighs or Air Fryer Chicken Breast, but I also like to use leftover chicken after I make a whole chicken in the air fryer. Simply season your chicken with Mexican spices like chili powder and cumin and you’re good to go.
To assemble the quesadillas, spray the bottom of a tortilla with oil using cooking spray or an oil sprayer, then place it in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Add a layer each of cheddar cheese and chicken. Top it with green onions, spinach leaves and mozzarella. Place another tortilla on top and lightly spray with oil. Place a crisper tightly on top so the air doesn’t blow the top tortilla off and cook for 10 minutes.Print
- 2 (6-inch) tortillas
- 1/3 cup cooked chicken
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 5 fresh spinach leaves
- Cooking oil spray (or us an olive oil sprayer)
- In a small bowl combine chicken with chili powder and cumin.
- Spray the bottom of one tortilla and place in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Add cheddar cheese, chicken, chopped green onions, spinach leaves and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with another tortilla and spray with cooking oil.
- Place crisper on top of tortilla to close tightly. This will prevent tortilla from moving during cooking.
- Set temperature to 370°F and cook for 10 minutes.