You haven’t had the best fried pickles ever until you make these air fryer Fried Pickles (or frickles) at home. They’re easy-peasy.
I’m sure we can all agree that fried pickles are one of best snacks ever. The thing is, not all of us like to deep fry food at home. And now you can make fried pickles in the air fryer. You’ll want an air fryer just to make this recipe so grab one here, but also? This homemade Blooming Onion gives you another fantastic excuse to buy one. Thank us now, or thank us later.
How to Make Fried Pickles
Making fried pickles in the air fryer has never been easier. The first thing you want to do is pat the pickles dry before breading them. This way they don’t get soggy. I found that the best breading for fried pickles is panko bread crumbs instead of flour. Coating them with flour just doesn’t give them that satisfying crispy result we’re looking for.
First you’ll dip the pickles in egg, then into the panko bread crumbs with added seasonings. Next, they go into the air fryer for just five minutes.
Immediately out of the fryer, you can just tell, they are crispy, briny and delicious. Can’t wait for you guys to make these on your next movie night. Don’t forget the ranch dip. ;)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 jar dill pickle slices (32 oz.)
- Ranch for dipping
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F. Spray the basket with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together panko, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, whisk egg. Set aside.
- Pat pickle chips dry with paper towels. Dredge pickle chips first in egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Place pickles, in batches, in air fryer and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!