Do you know what I love about making no-bake cookies? Well, it’s that you don’t have to bake them! I love homemade cookies – like love, love – but getting up and putting a new tray in the oven every 9-12 minutes is just too much of a commitment. With these no-bake thumbprints that’s a non-issue. Just 5 ingredients, a few minutes shaping them, and a long chill in the fridge and you’re golden. Does life get any better?!
A lot of recipes for no-bake thumbprint cookies just call for peanut butter, butter, and sugar. Those recipes are tasty, but the dough can be a little dense and lacking in texture. I’ve solved that problem here by mixing in some granola – it gives these cookies that classic baked cookie crunch. You can use any flavor granola you have on hand, but I love how the flavor of honey nut granola complements the peanut butter cookie base. For the best results, use a fine granola or break up any big clumps – you want it to look mostly like loose oats.Print
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 and ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup honey nut granola, big clumps broken up
- ¼ cup raspberry jam, or other red jam of your choice
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the peanut butter and butter.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and granola to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls and place in a single layer on a parchment-lined tray. Press your thumb or the back of a greased spoon into each ball to create a small indentation in each cookie and fill each indentation with jam.
- Chill 1 hour, or until firm. Store in the refrigerator.
This post originally appeared in December 2019 and was revised and republished in November 2020.