Roasting broccoli in the air fryer is one of the best ways to cook this hearty vegetable. The crispy florets are addictive and full of flavor. Add some parmesan and garlic and it’s all set.
The problem with roasting broccoli the traditional way in the oven is that it can take a long time even with high temperatures. Who’s got time for that on a weeknight? The air fryer solves that problem because it’s basically just a countertop convection oven. The smaller size and rapid circulation of the hot air mean the broccoli roasts much more quickly!
How To Cook Air Fryer Broccoli With Parmesan
First, you’ll want to combine all your toppings into a small bowl. For this recipe, some fresh minced garlic, shredded parmesan, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil to help it stick to the broccoli is all you need. We also add some panko for a bit of crunch. It’s almost like breading your broccoli, but doesn’t take the finicky work of dipping it in flour then egg then breading. Plus, it keeps this dish lighter. If you want to make broccoli in the air fryer without a topping, we’ve got just the recipe you need with tips for making the perfect Air Fryer Broccoli.
Once you mix the seasoning together, you toss small batches of the cut broccoli florets into the mixture. In order for it to really stick well, you’ll want to use your hands to help the mixture stick to the broccoli. Doing it in small batches also ensures you don’t overcrowd the bowl and that each piece gets covered well.
Tips To Cook Broccoli In An Air Fryer
- Cut the broccoli florets into small pieces so each cooks evenly throughout. You can totally buy pre-cut broccoli florets, but you may need to cut them down a bit.
- With your first batch, check the broccoli around 8 minutes. Every air fryer will cook a little bit different so it may take a little less or a little more time to cook to your desired doneness.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer and cook in batches.
3 broccoli crowns, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together panko, shredded parmesan cheese, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add in broccoli florets and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Layer broccoli in a single layer on the bottom of the basket, being sure not to overcrowd.
- Cook 8-10 minutes until medium-tender in the middle. Cook any remaining broccoli.
- Top with additional Parmesan if desired and serve warm.