After making roasted carrots with honey glaze in the air fryer, I promise you’ll be using it all the time. Tender, sweetened with honey, and perfectly seasoned carrots are great as a side dish for busy weeknights.
How to Make Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots
If you’re all in on adding a touch of sweetness, read on. You’ll start by patting the excess water off the carrots. Next, toss the carrots with olive oil and honey. Then sprinkle on a little bit of salt to enhance the flavor. All that’s left is to cook them.
There are 2 ways to cook these carrots in air fryer. Either way, you’ll want to preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
After preheating the air fryer, cook the carrots without the glaze for 8 minutes. Remove them from the basket, toss with olive oil and honey then sprinkle on the salt. Bake for another 7 minutes.
The second way to make them is to toss the carrots with the honey and olive oil then add the salt before bakign them for 15 minutes.
Personally, I didn’t find a huge difference between the two ways to cook them. However, the carrots were slightly more browned when they roasted with the olive oil and honey from the beginning. They tasted delicious both ways.
- Make sure to use liquid honey. If your honey is too thick, warm it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to thin it.
- I don’t find preheating the air fryer that necessary. I placed my carrots in the basket, set the timer for 15 minutes and temperature for 360°F. If you don’t preheat the air fryer you may want to add a couple minutes cook time.
- Don’t overfill the basket or the carrots won’t cook properly. If the carrots can’t lay mostly in a single layer, cook them in batches.
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. liquid honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. chopped fresh dill (optional)
- Put carrots in a medium-sized bowl. Add olive oil, honey, and salt, then mix well.
- Put the carrots in an air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 360°F and cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh dill.