Air Fryer Green Bean Fries are crispy, crunchy, and totally addictive. They’re the perfect dinner side dish, snack, or party appetizer. Really, perfect for any day and occasion.
I’ve never been the kind of person who enjoys snacking on vegetables. These Air Fryer Green Bean Fries changed everything. I originally made them as a fun new vegetable side dish to go with dinner, but then I had to make another batch to snack on while watching football a few days later.
Tips For Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
Using the air fryer to make green bean fries is a game-changer. They come out super crispy and browned, just as if they were deep fried. And they’re ready in just 8 minutes! That means you have plenty of time to experiment with dipping sauces. A favorite dipping sauce is ¼ cup of sour cream mixed with a tablespoon or two of prepared horseradish.
When making these air fryer green beans fries, be sure to use panko (Japanese style) breadcrumbs, which are bigger and shaggier than traditional bread crumbs. They’re the key to getting your green bean fries super crunchy. Also, don’t be tempted to skip the step of flouring the green beans. The flour is crucial in helping the egg and breadcrumbs stick to the beans. Without it, all that crispy goodness slides right off. No one wants that.Print
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Add the green beans and flour to a large zip-top bag. Shake until the beans are lightly dusted.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and egg white. Using your hands, lift the green beans out of the bag and into the egg mixture, keeping the excess flour in the bag. Toss the green beans to coat with egg.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bag along with the remaining flour. Return the beans to the bag and shake until the green beans are thoroughly coated with breading.
- Heat your air fryer to 360°F. Arrange the green beans in the fryer basket in a single layer, working in batches if needed. Fry for 8 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot.