One of the best appetizers you can enjoy are these stuffed mushrooms topped with crunchy panko breadcrumbs and melted cheese, then air fried for 10 minutes.
Whole mushrooms cooked in the air fryer are amazing on their own – just try our recipe for Air Fryer Mushrooms. But if you want something a little more, Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms is the way to go.
What Kind Of Mushrooms Should You Stuff?
The best mushrooms for this recipe are medium-sized white button mushrooms. Try not to buy very small mushrooms, because they are harder to stuff. Remove stems and grate them on the grater. We want to use the whole mushroom.
How To Make Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Start by preparing the stuffing. Melt butter in the pan, add grated stems, and cook for about 2 minutes to soften them. Next, add minced garlic and plain breadcrumbs. Then, mix in Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, fresh herbs, onion powder, and salt. Stuff each button mushroom with the stuffing.
To make the crunchy topping mix panko breadcrumbs with any kind of cheese. You can use shredded cheddar, mozzarela, colby jack, etc. Top each mushroom with the topping, spray with cooking oil, then bake in the air fryer at 360°F.
- Place mushrooms side-by-side in the basket on the rack of the air fryer in a single layer. Don’t crowd them. If you have a small air fryer, you may need to cook this in batches.
- I didn’t preheat the air fryer. I just put my mushrooms into the basket, set the timer for 10 minutes and the temperature to 360°F. They came out perfectly cooked and delicious.
- If you have a small air fryer you may need to cook this recipe in batches.
- 1 lb. button mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped dill
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, Cheddar, etc.)
- Cooking spray oil
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Shred stems using grater or chop finely.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add stems and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and plain bread crumbs and cook for a few seconds.
- In a medium bowl mix cooked stems, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, parsley, dill, onion powder, and salt.
- Using a small spoon stuff each mushroom with the stuffing. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix panko breadcrumbs with shredded cheese. Top each mushroom with the topping, and then press the topping down a bit so it sticks to the filling and is less likely to fly around your air fryer. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms into the air fryer on the rack, set the timer for 10 minutes and temperature for 360°F.