Beef Stroganoff made with mushroom soup is a change-up from traditional Beef Stroganoff . You can use canned condensed cream of mushroom soup (or our homemade mushroom soup) for a shortcut on busy nights.
Turn your classic Beef Stroganoff into a new weeknight dish by using canned mushroom condensed soup and ground beef. A creamy sauce, soft egg noodles and great flavors are the most tasty meal for busy days. This is a quick and convenient way to make a delicious dinner, but if you prefer making beef stroganoff from scratch you’ll want to try our basic Beef Stroganoff recipe.
What kind of beef should I use for mushroom soup beef stroganoff?
I used lean ground beef to make my beef stroganoff. That way, the beef cooks quickly. However, any type of tender beef cuts can be used as well, including tenderloin and sirloin.
Can I make homemade condensed mushroom soup for this recipe?
Yes, you can make condensed mushroom soup in your kitchen by following our homemade condensed mushroom soup recipe. I like making everything from scratch. That way I know exactly what ingredients I am using to cook my dish.
How do I keep sour cream from curdling in beef stroganoff?
To prevent sour cream from curdling add it in at the end after you’ve removed the pan from the stove. You can also add some beef stroganoff to the sour cream to heat it up. After that, stir everything together. If you will be reheating it the next day just heat it through. Try not to overcook it so the sour cream doesn’t curdle.
Can I freeze beef stroganoff?
Beef stroganoff is a perfect dish to freeze. Just use a glass or plastic airtight container and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight.
- 12 oz. dry egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or homemade mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- Cook egg noodles according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat oil. Add onion and saute for 5-8 minutes on medium heat, mixing often.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned and cooked through. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper. Then add condensed cream of mushroom soup and milk. Heat through and cook for about 5-7 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in cooked egg noodles.