Ranch Chicken Thighs only take a few ingredients and are full of flavor. Boneless skinless chicken thighs are coated in this favorite seasoning then baked.
It comes together in only 30 minutes and is baked so you can focus on the side dishes for the meal. Another perk is that it’s easy to clean up as well which is always a plus for those quick weeknight dinners.
Can you make your own seasoning?
You can make your own ranch seasoning if you’d like to control the ingredients and flavors a little more. You can mix up a whole batch to have on hand, or you’ll find instructions for making just enough for a recipe like this one. Alternatively, you can buy a packet of ranch seasoning.
How long does this dish take?
Since chicken thighs are pretty thin, and you bake them at a high temp, you’ll only need to cook them around 20 – 25 minutes. If you decide to lower the temperature to cook something along with it, you may need to increase the time a bit.
Always be sure to check that the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165°F on an instant read thermometer so you know it’s cooked all the way through.
What should you do if you don’t have ranch seasoning?
Well, buy or make some! In the meantime, we have quite a few other delicious ways you can enjoy chicken thighs. These Baked Chicken thighs are easy to throw together and you can change things up with seasonings you have on hand. Or, if you’re looking for something a little jazzed up, try these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs.
How to Make Ranch Chicken Thighs
For easy clean up, you’ll want to prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Then measure out your homemade or bought ranch seasoning and set aside around one tablespoon. This will be used to season each individual chicken thigh.
Take about 1/2 teaspoon of the set aside seasoning and sprinkle it on the inside of each chicken thigh. Roll each thigh back up and place onto the baking sheet. Add some olive oil to the remaining ranch seasoning and add some garlic powder as well. This will turn into a paste-like substance that you’ll brush over the chicken thighs.
From here, you’ll just bake until each is cooked through which should take around 20-25 minutes. To get the chicken a little golden brown with a slight crisp, place under the broiler for about 5 minutes.Print
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 oz. packet of ranch seasoning (or homemade)
- 1 and ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Set aside at least 1 tablespoon of the ranch seasoning. This should give you ½ teaspoon per chicken thigh.
- Unroll the boneless, skinless chicken thighs and sprinkle the inside of each with ½ teaspoon of the ranch seasoning from the mixture you set aside and roll back up. Place on the foil lined baking pan.
- Mix the rest of ranch seasoning with olive oil and garlic powder. Brush over top of chicken thighs.
- Bake until cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
- Put under the broiler to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Check chicken to verify that it’s reached an internal temperature of 165°F using an instant read thermometer.